Table of Contents:
Vitali P. Konstantinov
Boris- and Gleb-Church in Kideksha near Suzdal, 2004
Advisor: Prof. Dr. Dr. Guntram Koch
This monographie aims to reconstruct the building history of the Boris- and Gleb-Church in Kideksha near Suzdal, Russia. The investigation of the monument starts with its first mention in 1152 and ends in 2004. Especially the foundation of the Boris- and Gleb-Church concerning the (art) historical context and building history in the 17th-20th century, that is not completely published yet, are documented. Furthermore, the destruction of the original building structure and the reconstruction of these architectural shapes are described. Remarkably, this thesis contains documents and reconstructions that were not published yet. Also, possible foreign influences on Boris- and Gleb-Church in Kideksha near Suzdal are documented. Thus, analogies could be observed in Poland, Hungary, and Galitsch (Western Ukraine). The conclusion of this thesis consists of an alternative suggestion for the attribution of the monument, an attempt of periodisation, and some implications for further research. The reference list contains 112 published references and unpublished documents. The thesis also includes 76 illustrations in an extra volume.