Investigating the Function and the Interaction Network of the Flagellar Regulator ATPase FlhG
Motility plays a key role for the superior survival strategy of many bacteria. Sophisticated, macromolecular machines, called flagella, serve as bacterial locomotion organelles. These flagella appear in distinct spatial arrangements along the bacterial cell, constituting the flagellation patterns, w...
|Online Access:||PDF Full Text|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
11. Marston AL, Thomaides HB, Edwards DH, Sharpe ME, & Errington J (1998) Polar localization of the MinD protein of Bacillus subtilis and its role in selection of the mid-cell division site. Genes Dev 12(21):3419-3430.
31. Geiger T, Kästle B, Gratani FL, Goerke C, & Wolz C (2014) Two small (p)ppGpp synthases in Staphylococcus aureus mediate tolerance against cell envelope stress conditions. J Bacteriol 196(4):894-902.
40. Marston AL & Errington J (1999) Selection of the midcell division site in Bacillus subtilis through MinD-dependent polar localization and activation of MinC. Mol Microbiol 33(1):84- 96. Bibliography 158
50. Wu W, Park KT, Holyoak T, & Lutkenhaus J (2011) Determination of the structure of the MinD-ATP complex reveals the orientation of MinD on the membrane and the relative location of the binding sites for MinE and MinC. Mol Microbiol 79(6):1515-1528.
53. Kalbitzer HR, Goody RS, & Wittinghofer A (1984) Electron-paramagnetic-resonance studies of manganese(II) complexes with elongation factor Tu from Bacillus stearothermophilus. Observation of a GTP hydrolysis intermediate state complex. Eur J Biochem 141(3):591-597.
57. Pompeo F, Foulquier E, Serrano B, Grangeasse C, & Galinier A (2015) Phosphorylation of the cell division protein GpsB regulates PrkC kinase activity through a negative feedback loop in Bacillus subtilis. Mol Microbiol.
60. Battye TGG, Kontogiannis L, Johnson O, Powell HR, & Leslie AGW (2011) iMOSFLM: a new graphical interface for diffraction-image processing with MOSFLM. Acta Crystallographica Section D 67(4):271-281.
75. Rist W, Jorgensen TJ, Roepstorff P, Bukau B, & Mayer MP (2003) Mapping temperature- induced conformational changes in the Escherichia coli heat shock transcription factor s 32 by amide hydrogen exchange. J Biol Chem 278(51):51415-51421.
76. Szurmant H, Muff TJ, & Ordal GW (2004) Bacillus subtilis CheC and FliY are members of a novel class of CheY-P-hydrolyzing proteins in the chemotactic signal transduction cascade. J Biol Chem 279(21):21787-21792.
79. Sircar R, Greenswag AR, Bilwes AM, Gonzalez-Bonet G, & Crane BR (2013) Structure and activity of the flagellar rotor protein FliY: a member of the CheC phosphatase family. J Biol Chem 288(19):13493-13502.
98. Walker JE, Saraste M, Runswick MJ, & Gay NJ (1982) Distantly related sequences in the alpha-and beta-subunits of ATP synthase, myosin, kinases and other ATP-requiring enzymes and a common nucleotide binding fold. EMBO J 1(8):945-951.
100. Feng L, et al. (2007) Genome and proteome of long-chain alkane degrading Geobacillus thermodenitrificans NG80-2 isolated from a deep-subsurface oil reservoir. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104(13):5602-5607.
104. Manne V, Bekesi E, & Kung HF (1985) Ha-ras proteins exhibit GTPase activity: point mutations that activate Ha-ras gene products result in decreased GTPase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 82(2):376-380.
110. Hope MJ, Bally MB, Webb G, & Cullis PR (1985) Production of large unilamellar vesicles by a rapid extrusion procedure: characterization of size distribution, trapped volume and ability to maintain a membrane potential. Biochim Biophys Acta 812(1):55-65.
120. Hogg T, Mechold U, Malke H, Cashel M, & Hilgenfeld R (2004) Conformational antagonism between opposing active sites in a bifunctional RelA/SpoT homolog modulates (p)ppGpp metabolism during the stringent response [corrected]. Cell 117(1):57-68. Bibliography 163
134. Hu Z & Lutkenhaus J (2001) Topological regulation of cell division in E. coli. spatiotemporal oscillation of MinD requires stimulation of its ATPase by MinE and phospholipid. Mol Cell 7(6):1337-1343.