Processes and Impacts of Investment in Land
The latest food, fuel, and financial crises raised tremendously the interest in global farmland. After decades of neglecting the agricultural sector, investment is urgently needed to close the yield gap in developing countries. While its drivers have been widely discussed, insights on underlying pro...
Keine Tags, Fügen Sie den ersten Tag hinzu!
2. Carter, Michael R. and Pedro Olinto, " Getting Institutions 'Right' for Whom? Credit Constraints and the Impact of Property Rights on the Quantity and Composition of Investment, " American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 85(1),173–86, 2003.
4. Oswald, Andrew J. and Nattavudh Powdthavee, " Does Happiness Adapt? A Longitudinal Study of Disability with Implications for Economists and Judges, " Journal of Public Economics, 92(5), 1061–77, 2008.
6. Oishi, Shigehiro, Edward F. Diener, Richard E. Lucas, and Eunkook M. Suh, " Cross-Cultural Variations in Predictors of Life Satisfaction: Perspectives from Needs and Values, " Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 25(8), 980–90, 1999.
13. German, Laura, George Schoneveld, and Esther Mwangi, " Contemporary Processes of Large- Scale Land Acquisition in Sub-Saharan Africa: Legal Deficiency or Elite Capture of the Rule of Law? " World Development, 48,1–18, 2013.
16. Gunning, Jan Willem, John Hoddinott, Bill Kinsey, and Trudy Owens, " Revisiting Forever Gained: Income Dynamics in the Resettlement Areas of Zimbabwe, 1983–96, " Journal of Development Studies, 36(6), 131–54, 2000. 31
30. Fold, Niels and Lindsay Whitfield, " Developing a Palm Oil Sector: The Experiences of Malaysia and Ghana Compared, " DIIS Working Paper 08, Danish Institute for International Studies, Copenhagen, 2012.
37. Schipmann, Christin and Matin Qaim, " Supply Chain Differentiation, Contract Agriculture, and Farmers' Marketing Preferences: The Case of Sweet Pepper in Thailand, " Food Policy, 36(5), 667–77, 2011.
46. Gyasi, Edwin A., " The Adaptability of African Communal Land Tenure to Economic Opportunity: The Example of Land Acquisition for Oil Palm Farming in Ghana, " Journal of the International African Institute, 64, 391–405, 1994.
55. Väth, Susanne Johanna and Michael Kirk, " Do contract farming and property rights matter for rural development? Evidence from a large-scale investment in Ghana. " MAGKS Joint Discussion Paper Series in Economics, No. 16, 2014.
56. Dolan, Paul, Tessa Peasgood, and Mathew White, " Do We Really Know What Makes Us Happy? A Review of the Economic Literature on the Factors Associated with Subjective Well-Being, " Journal of Economic Psychology, 29(1), 94–122, 2008.
58. Väth, Susanne Johanna, " Gaining Neighbours or Big Losers: What Happened when Large- Scale, Land-Based Investment in the Ghanaian Oil Palm Sector Met the Local Population on the Ground? " Working Paper 24, (http://www.iss.nl/fileadmin/ASSETS/iss/Research_and_projects/Research_networks/ LDPI/LDPI_WP_24.pdf), 2013.
63. Cotula, Lorenzo, Sonja Vermeulen, Rebeca Leonard, and James Keeley, Land Grab or Development Opportunity? Agricultural Investment and International Land Deals in Africa, IIED, FAO and IFAD, London, 2009. 28
65. Watts, Michael J., " Life Under Contract: Contract Farming, Agrarian Restructuring, and Flexible Accumulation, " in P. D. Little and M. J. Watts, eds., Living Under Contract: Contract Farming and Agrarian Transformation in Sub-Saharan Africa, University of Wisconsin Press, Madison, 1994.
66. Blandon, Jose, Spencer Henson, and Towhidul Islam, " Marketing Preferences of Small-Scale Farmers in the Context of New Agrifood Systems: A Stated Choice Model, " Agribusiness, 25(2), 251–67, 2009.
73. Diener, Ed, Carol L. Gohm, Eunkook Suh, and Shigehiro Oishi, " Similarity of the Relations Between Marital Status and Subjective Well-Being Across Cultures, " Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 31(4),419–36, 2000. 29
75. ———, " The Complexity of Well-Being: A Life-Satisfaction Conception and a Domains-Of- Life Approach, " in I. Gough, & A. McGregor, eds., Researching Well-Being in Developing Countries, Cambridge University Press, New York, 259–80, 2007.
82. Guo, Hongdong and Robert W. Jolly, " Contract Farming in China: Perspectives of Smallholders, " Paper presented at the International Association of Agricultural Economists Conference, Beijing, 2009.
84. Warning, Matthew and Nigel Key, " The Social Performance and Distributional Consequences of Contract Farming: An Equilibrium Analysis of the Arachide de Bouche Program in Senegal, " World Development, 30(2), 255–63, 2002.
87. Bouis, Howarth E. and Lawrence James Haddad, Effects of Agricultural Commercialization on Land Tenure, Household Resource Allocation, and Nutrition in the Philippines, IFPRI, Washington, DC, 1990.
90. Place, Frank and Shem E. Migot-Adholla, " The Economic Effects of Land Registration on Smallholder Farms in Kenya: Evidence from Nyeri and Kakamega Districts, " Land Economics, 74(3), 360–73, 1998.
91. Wills-Herrera, Eduardo, Luz E. Orozco, Clemente Forero-Pineda, Oscar Pardo, and Venetta Andonova, " The Relationship Between Perceptions of Insecurity, Social Capital and Subjective Well-Being: Empirical Evidences from Areas of Rural Conflict in Colombia, " Journal of Socio-Economics, 40(1), 88–96, 2011.
94. Brasselle, Anne-Sophie, Frederic Gaspart, and Jean-Philippe Platteau, " Land Tenure Security and Investment Incentives: Puzzling Evidence from Burkina Faso, " Journal of Development Economics, 67(2), 373–418, 2002.
96. Masakure, Oliver and Spencer Henson, " Why do Small-Scale Producers Choose to Produce Under Contract? Lessons from Nontraditional Vegetable Exports from Zimbabwe, " World Development, 33(10), 1721–33, 2005.
100. Key, Nigel and David Runsten, " Contract Farming, Smallholders, and Rural Development in Latin America: The Organization of Agroprocessing Firms and the Scale of Outgrower Production, " World Development, 27(2), 381–401, 1999.
108. Schoneveld, George C., Laura A. German, and Eric Nutakor, " Land-Based Investments for Rural Development? A Grounded Analysis of the Local Impacts of Biofuel Feedstock Plantations in Ghana, " Ecology and Society, 16(4), 10, 2011.
109. Adjei-Nsiah, Samuel, Owurak Sakyi-Dawson, and Thom W. Kuyper, " Exploring Opportunities for Enhancing Innovation in Agriculture: The Case of Oil Palm Production in Ghana, " Journal of Agricultural Science, 4(10), 212–33, 2012.