Understanding Institutional Arrangements for Community-Based Natural Resource Management in the Mekong Delta of Cambodia and Vietnam. A mixed methods approach.
In the Mekong Delta of Cambodia and Vietnam, property rights on water and land change with the seasonally occurring flood. Land is usually cultivated on an individual basis with people holding at least private use rights to the parcels. In contrast, water is a public good and as soon as water covers...
Keine Tags, Fügen Sie den ersten Tag hinzu!
3. Levati, M. V., M. Sutter and E. Van der Heijden (2007). "Leading by example in a public goods experiment with heterogeneity and incomplete information." Journal of Conflict Resolution 51(5): 793-818.
4. Hadfield, G. K. (2005). The Many Legal Institutions that Support Contractual Commitments. Handbook of New Institutional Economics. C. Ménard and M. M. Shirley. AA Dordrecht, The Netherlands, Springer: 175-203.
6. Rousseau, D. M., S. B. Sitkin, R. S. Burt and C. Camerer (1998). "Introduction to Special Topic Forum. Not So Different After All: A Cross-Discipline View of Trust." Academy of Management Review 23(3): 393-404.
9. Di Gregorio, M., K. Hagedorn, M. Kirk, B. Korf, N. McCarthy, R. Meinzen-Dick and B. Swallow (2008). "Property Rights, Collective Action, and Poverty: The Role of Institutions for Poverty Reduction." Capri Working Paper 81.
25. Ostrom, V. (1980). "Artisanship and Artifact." Public Administration Review 40(4): 309-317. xxvii Ostrom, V. and E. Ostrom (1977). Public Goods and Public Choices. Alternatives for Delivering Public Services: Toward Improved Performance. E. S. Savas. Boulder, CO, Westview Press: 7-49.
28. Meinzen-Dick, R. and A. Knox (1999). Collective Action, Property Rights, and Devolution of Natural Resource Management: A Conceptual Framework. International Conference on Collective Action, Property Rights and Devolution of Natural Resource Management: Exchange of Knowledge and Implication for Policy, Puerto Azul, The Philippines, Zentralstelle für Ernährung und Landwirtschaft (ZEL). Food and Agriculture and Development Centre.
30. Ostrom, E. and J. Walker (1991). Communications in a Commons: Cooperation without External Enforcement. Laboratory Research in Political Economy. T. R. Palfrey. Ann Arbor, University of Michigan Press: 287-322.
37. Isaac, R. M. and J. M. Walker (1991). Costly communication: An experiment in a nested public goods problem. Laboratory Research in Political Economy. T. Palfrey. Ann Arbor, University of Michigan Press.
41. Kähkönen, S. (1999). Does Social Capital Matter in Water and Sanitation Delivery? A Review of Literature. Social Capital Initiative Working Paper. Washington, DC, The World Bank. Social Development Family. Environmentally and Socially Sustainable Development Network. 9.
42. Ostrom, E. (2005a). Doing Institutional Analysis. Digging Deeper Than Markets and Hierarchies. Handbook of New Institutional Economics. C. Ménard and M. M. Shirley. AA Dordrecht, The Netherlands, Springer: 819-848.
48. International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) (2001). Enhancing Ownership and Sustainability. A Resource Book on Participation. Phillippines and India, International Fund for Agricultural Development.
52. Roberts, L. (1983). Experimental methods: problems of design and ethics. An Introduction to Social Research. A Handbook of Social Science Methods. R. B. Smith. Cambridge, Massachusetts, Ballinger Publishing Company. 1: 325-363.
65. Ménard, C. and M. M. Shirley (2005). Handbook of New Institutional Economics. Introduction. Handbook of New Institutional Economics. C. Ménard and M. M. Shirley. AA Dordrecht, The Netherlands, Springer: 1-18.
72. Lacoursiere, J. O., M. Torell and S. Choowaew (1998). Inventory and management of wetlands in the Lower Mekong Basin. Review and Assessment report for phase I (1990-1996). Mekong River Commission Secretariat (MRCS), Bangkok, Thailand.
77. Güth, W., M. V. Levati, M. Sutter and E. Van der Heijden (2004). "Leadership and cooperation in public goods experiments." Discussion Paper on Strategic Interaction No. 29-2004. Max Planck Institute for Research into Economic Systems, Jena.
82. Tashakkori, A. and C. Teddlie (2003). Major Issues and Controversies in the Use of Mixed Methods in the Social and Behavioural Sciences. Handbook of Mixed Methods in Social and Behavioral Research. A. Tashakkori and C. Teddlie. Thousand Oaks, CA, Sage Publications, Inc.: 3-50.
85. Sultana, P. and P. Thompson (2003). Methods of consensus building for community based fisheries management in Bangaldesh and the Mekong delta. Capri Working Paper No.30. CAPRi. Washington, D.C., IFPRI.
89. Thayer, C. A. (2008). One party rule and the challenge of civil society in Vietnam. Remaking the Vietnamese Stata: Implications for Viet Nam and the Region., City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
92. Gonsalves, J., T. Becker, A. Braun, D. Campilan, D. D. Chavez, E. Fajber, M. Kapiriri, J. Rivaca- Caminade and R. Vernooy (2005). Participatory Research and Development for Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Management: A Sourcebook. Volume 1: Understanding Participatory Research and Development. Ottawa, Canada, International Potato Centre-User's Perspectives With Agricultural Research and Development, Laguna Philippines and International Development Research Centre.
95. Morse, J. M. (2003). Principles of Mixed Methods and Multimethod Research Design. Handbook of Mixed Methods in Social and Behavioral Research. A. Tashakkori and C. Teddlie. Thousand Oaks, CA, Sage Publications, Inc.: 189-208.
98. Ledyard, J. O. (1995). Public Goods: A Survey of Experimental Research. The Handbook of Experimental Economics. J. H. Kagel and A. E. Roth. Princeton, New Jersey, Princeton University Press: 111-194.
100. Denzin, N. K. and K. E. Ryan (2007). Qualitative Methodology (Including Focus Groups). The SAGE handbook of social science methodology. W. Outhwaite and S. P. Turner. Los Angeles; London, Sage: 578-594.
102. Pich, S. and K. Heng (2007). Report of Stakeholder Meetings on " Community Based Fish Culture in Irrigation Systems and Seasonal Floodplains". CARE Office, Kampong Trabek District, Prey Veng Province, 13th of July 2007 and Chamroeun Cheat Khmer (CCK) Office, Koh Andet District, Takeo Province, 16th of July 2007.
104. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) (2003). Review of the state of world fishery resources: inland fisheries. Fisheries Circular. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome, Italy. 942: 68.
110. Morales, E. J. and D. C. Little (2007). Self-recruiting species (SRS) from farmer-managed aquatic systems – the contribution of non-stocked species to household livelihood. Assessment of freshwater fish seed resources for sustainable aquaculture. . M. G. Bondad-Reantaso. Rome, FAO Fisheries Technical Paper. No. 501: 603–616.
116. Kirk, M. (2004). "State Land Economics in Cambodia." Policy Discussion Paper, Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction, Land Management and Administration Project, Philipps-University Marburg, Germany, 2. revised version, Phnom Penh, Marburg, July, 2004.
118. Sophal, M. (2004). Sustainable Use and Mangement of Cambodian Wetlands: Social and Institutional Challenges. Wetlands Management in Cambodia: Socioeconomic, Ecological, and Policy Perspectives. M. Torell, A. M. Salamanca and B. D. Ratner. Penang, Malaysia, WordFish: 22-24.
121. Libecap, G. (1995). The conditions for successful collective action. Local Commons and Global Interdependence: Heterogeneity and Cooperation in Two Domains. R. Keohane and E. Ostrom. London, Sage: 161-90.
123. Wallis, W. A. and M. Friedman (1942). The empirical deviation of indifference functions. Studies in mathematical economics and econometrics, in memory of Henry Schultz. O. Lange, F. McIntyre and T. Yntema. Chicago,, The University of Chicago press: 175-189.
127. Keskinen, M. (2003). The Great Diversity of Livelihoods? Socio-economic survey of the Tonle Sap Lake. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering., Helsinki University of Technology, Helsinki. MSc: 140.
128. Fontana, A. and J. H. Frey (2005). The interview: From neutral stance to political involvement. The Sage Handbook of Qualitative Research. N. K. Denzin and Y. S. Lincoln. Thousand Oaks, CA, Sage Publications: 695-728.
132. North, D. C. (1995). The New Institutional Economics and Third World Development. The New Institutional Economics and Third World Development. J. Harriss, J. Hunter and C. M. Lewis. London, Routledge: 17-26.
135. Di Gregorio, M., K. Hagedorn, M. Kirk, B. Korf, N. McCarthy, R. Meinzen-Dick and B. Swallow (2004). The Role of Property Rights and Collective Action for Poverty Reduction. Washington DC 2009-1002, International Food Policy Research Institute.
140. Nang, D. (2003). Wetlands Protection and Management in Vietnam. Wetlands Management in Vietnam: Issues and Perspectives. M. Torell, A. M. Salamanca and B. D. Ratner. Penang, Malaysia, The WorldFish Center.
141. Giang, T. T., H. H. Cai and L. Q. Thong (2003). Wetlands Study: Lessons Learned and Future Challenges. Wetlands Management in Vietnam: Issues and Perspectives. M. Torell, A. M. Salamanca and B. D. Ratner. Penang, Malaysia, The WorldFish Center.
148. Dawes, R. M., J. McTavish and H. Shaklee (1977). "Behavior, Communication, and Assumptions About Other Peoples Behavior in a Commons Dilemma Situation." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 35(1): 1-11.
150. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) (2006a). "Country: Cambodia." Compendium of Food and Agriculture Indicators 2006 from http://www.fao.org/countryprofiles/index.asp?lang=en&iso3=KHM&subj=4.
151. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) (2006b). "Country: Viet Nam." Compendium of Food and Agriculture Indicators 2006 from http://www.fao.org/countryprofiles/index.asp?lang=en&iso3=VNM&subj=4.
152. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) (2009c). "Major Food and Agricultural Commodities and Producers." from http://www.fao.org/es/ess/top/commodity.html?lang=en&item=27&year=2005.
153. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) (2009a). "Fishery and Aquaculture Country Profile Cambodia." Retrieved 3rd of March 2009, from http://www.fao.org/fishery/countrysector/FI-CP_KH/en.
154. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) (2009b). "Fishery and Aquaculture Country Profile Vietnam." Retrieved 3rd of March 2009, from http://www.fao.org/fishery/countrysector/FI-CP_VN/en.
161. Kugler, T., M. G. Kocher, M. Sutter and G. Bornstein (2007). "Trust between individuals and groups: Groups are less trusting than individuals but just as trustworthy." Journal of Economic Psychology 28: 646-657.
162. Poteete, A. and E. Ostrom (2008). "Fifteen Years of Empirical Research on Collective Action in Natural Resource Management: Struggling to Build Large-N Databases Based on Qualitative Research." World Development 36(1): 176–195.