Knowledge-based Optimization of Protein-Ligand-Complex Geometries
The aim of this work was to develop a tool to optimize insilico generated protein-ligand complexes according to DrugScore (DS) potentials. DS is typically used to rescore ligand geometries that were generated by docking. Thus, these poses are optimized according to the scoring function used by the s...
|Online Access:||PDF Full Text|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
4. Caterina Bissantz, Gerd Folkers, and Didier Rognan. Protein-Based Vir- tual Screening of Chemical Databases. 1. Evaluation of Different Dock- ing/Scoring Combinations. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 43(25): 4759–4767, 2000.
5. Hay Dvir, Hua Liang Jiang, Dawn M. Wong, Michal Harel, M. Chetrit, Xu Chang He, Gui Yu Jin, G. L. Yu, X. C. Tang, Israel Silman, Dina L. Bai, and Joel L. Sussman. X-ray Structures of Torpedo cal- ifornica Acetylcholinesterase Complexed with (+)-Huperzine A and (– )-Huperzine B: Structural Evidence for an Active Site Rearrangement. Biochemistry, 41(35):10810–10818, 2002a.
6. Susan L. McGovern and Brian K. Shoichet. Information Decay in Molecu- lar Docking Screens against Holo, Apo, and Modeled Conformations of Enzymes. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 46(14):2895–2907, 2003.
12. Bernard R. Brooks, Robert E. Bruccoleri, Barry D. Olafson, David J. States, S. Swaminathan, and Martin Karplus. CHARMM: A program for macromolecular energy, minimization, and dynamics calculations. Journal of Computational Chemistry, 4(2):187–217, 1983.
13. Paolini, and Roger P. Mee. Empirical scoring functions: I. The develop- ment of a fast empirical scoring function to estimate the binding affinity of ligands in receptor complexes. J Comput Aided Mol Des, 11(5):425– 445, Sep 1997.
14. Rosenberry, Israel Silman, and Joel L. Sussman. 3D Structure of Tor- pedo californica Acetylcholinesterase Complexed with Huprine X at 2.1 Å Resolution: Kinetic and Molecular Dynamic Correlates. Biochemistry, 41(9):2970–2981, 2002b.
18. Yipin Lu, Renxiao Wang, Chao-Yie Yang, and Shaomeng Wang. Analysis of Ligand-Bound Water Molecules in High-Resolution Crystal Structures of Protein-Ligand Complexes. Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, 47(2):668–675, 2007.
19. Scott J. Weiner, Peter A. Kollman, David A. Case, U. Chandra Singh, Caterina Ghio, Guliano Alagona, Salvatore Profeta, and Paul Weiner. A new force field for molecular mechanical simulation of nucleic acids and proteins. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 106(3):765– 784, 1984.
25. Akifumi Oda, Keiichi Tsuchida, Tadakazu Takakura, Noriyuki Yamaotsu, and Shuichi Hirono. Comparison of Consensus Scoring Strategies for Evaluating Computational Models of Protein-Ligand Complexes. Jour- nal of Chemical Information and Modeling, 46(1):380–391, 2006.
26. Jason B. Cross, David C. Thompson, Brajesh K. Rai, J. Christian Baber, Kristi Yi Fan, Yongbo Hu, and Christine Humblet. Comparison of sev- eral molecular docking programs: pose prediction and virtual screening accuracy. J Chem Inf Model, 49(6):1455–1474, Jun 2009.
27. Paul S. Charifson, Joseph J. Corkery, Mark A. Murcko, and W. Patrick Walters. Consensus scoring: A method for obtaining improved hit rates from docking databases of three-dimensional structures into proteins. J Med Chem, 42(25):5100–5109, Dec 1999.
28. Robert D. Clark, Alexander Strizhev, Joseph M. Leonard, James F. Blake, and James B. Matthew. Consensus scoring for ligand/protein inter- actions. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling, 20(4):281–295, 2002.
29. Relibase: design and development of a database for comprehensive anal- ysis of protein-ligand interactions. J Mol Biol, 326(2):607–620, Feb 2003. Bibliography Gareth Jones, Peter Willett, Robert C. Glen, Andrew R. Leach, and Robin Taylor. Development and validation of a genetic algorithm for flexible docking. J Mol Biol, 267(3):727–748, Apr 1997.
31. Michael J. Hartshorn, Marcel L. Verdonk, Gianni Chessari, Suzanne C. Brewerton, Wijnand T. M. Mooij, Paul N. Mortenson, and Christo- pher W. Murray. Diverse, high-quality test set for the validation of protein-ligand docking performance. J Med Chem, 50(4):726–741, Feb 2007.
33. Hans F. G. Velec, Holger Gohlke, and Gerhard Klebe. DrugScore(CSD)– knowledge-based scoring function derived from small molecule crystal Bibliography data with superior recognition rate of near-native ligand poses and better affinity prediction. J Med Chem, 48(20):6296–6303, Oct 2005.
36. Wijnand T. M. Mooij and Marcel L. Verdonk. General and targeted statis- tical potentials for protein-ligand interactions. Proteins, 61(2):272–287, Nov 2005. Bibliography Jorge J. Moré and Zhijun Wu. Smoothing Techniques for Macromolecu- lar Global Optimization. Technical Report MCS-P542-0995, Argonne National Laboratory, September 1995.
39. Jon A. Erickson, Mehran Jalaie, Daniel H. Robertson, Richard A. Lewis, and Michal Vieth. Lessons in Molecular Recognition: The Effects of Ligand and Protein Flexibility on Molecular Docking Accuracy. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 47(1):45–55, 2004. Bibliography Miklos Feher. Consensus scoring for protein-ligand interactions. Drug Discovery Today, 11(9-10):421–428, May 2006.
43. Bichitra K. Biswal, Meitian Wang, Maia M. Cherney, Laval Chan, Con- stantin G. Yannopoulos, Darius Bilimoria, Jean Bedard, and Michael N. G. James. Non-nucleoside Inhibitors Binding to Hepatitis C Virus Bibliography NS5B Polymerase Reveal a Novel Mechanism of Inhibition. Journal of Molecular Biology, 361(1):33–45, 2006.
44. William H. Press, Saul A. Teukolsky, William T. Vetterling, and Brian P. Flannery. Numerical Recipes: The Art of Scientific Computing. Cam- bridge University Press, 3 edition, September 2007. ISBN 0521880688.
48. Sérgio Filipe Sousa, Pedro Alexandrino Fernandes, and Maria João Ramos. Protein-ligand docking: Current status and future challenges. Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 65(1):15–26, 2006.
49. Johannes Schulze Wischeler, Dong Sun, Nicola U. Sandner, Uwe Linne, Andreas Heine, Ulrich Koert, and Gerhard Klebe. Stereo-and Regiose- lective Azide/Alkyne Cycloadditions in Carbonic Anhydrase II via Teth- ering, Monitored by Crystallography and Mass Spectrometry. Chemistry – A European Journal, 17(21):5842–5851, 2011.
50. Nicolas Foloppe, Lisa M. Fisher, Rob Howes, Peter Kierstan, Andrew Pot- ter, Alan G. S. Robertson, and Allan E. Surgenor. Structure-Based Design of Novel Chk1 Inhibitors: Insights into Hydrogen Bonding and Protein–Ligand Affinity. J Med Chem, 48(13):4332–4345, 2005.
53. Hans-Joachim Böhm. The development of a simple empirical scoring func- tion to estimate the binding constant for a protein-ligand complex of known three-dimensional structure. J Comput Aided Mol Des, 8(3): 243–256, Jun 1994.
54. Helen M. Berman, John Westbrook, Zukang Feng, Gary Gilliland, T. N. Bhat, Helge Weissig, Ilya N. Shindyalov, and Philip E. Bourne. The Protein Data Bank. Nucleic Acids Res, 28(1):235–242, Jan 2000.
55. Gerard J. Kleywegt, Mark R. Harris, Jin-yu Zou, Thomas C. Taylor, Anders Wählby, and T. Alwyn Jones. The Uppsala Electron-Density Server. Acta Crystallographica, D60(12 Part 1):2240–2249, Dec 2004.
57. Gregory L. Warren, C. Webster Andrews, Anna-Maria Capelli, Brian Clarke, Judith LaLonde, Millard H. Lambert, Mika Lindvall, Neysa Nevins, Simon F. Semus, Stefan Senger, Giovanna Tedesco, Ian D. Wall, James M. Woolven, Catherine E. Peishoff, and Martha S. Head. A criti- cal assessment of docking programs and scoring functions. J Med Chem, 49(20):5912–5931, Oct 2006.
59. FlexX User Guide. FlexX Protein-Ligand Docker – User & Technical Ref- erence as Part of LeadIT 1.2. BioSolveIT GmbH, An der Ziegelei 79, 53757 St. Augustin, Germany, 2010. URL http://www.biosolveit.de.
62. Rafael Najmanovich, Josef Kuttner, Vladimir Sobolev, and Marvin Edel- man. Side-chain flexibility in proteins upon ligand binding. Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 39(3):261–268, 2000.