Mechanisms of contextual control: The role of cue-outcome associations in renewal
The renewal effect is the recovery of an extinguished response that occurs when the target stimulus is presented outside of the extinction context. Renewal is relevant because it offers an explanation for relapse, which is frequent after exposure-based treatments. The renewal effect thus shows that...
Keine Tags, Fügen Sie den ersten Tag hinzu!
2. Laborda, M.A., McConnell, B.L., & Miller, R.R. (2011). Behavioral techniques to reduce relapse after exposure therapy: Applications of studies of experimental extinction. In T. R. Schachtman & S. Reilly (Eds.), Associative learning and conditioning theory: Human and non-human applications (pp. 79–103). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
11. Javier Bustamante, and is part of his doctoral project. We also thank Kathrin Bahlinger, Joanna Buryn-Weizel, Dominik Deffner, Barnd Hengstebeck, Lukas Herbst, Jascha Kristek, Anne-Marie Leonhardt, Simon Samstag, and Francisco Wilhelm for their help with data collection.
15. Rescorla, R.A., & Wagner, A.R. (1972). A theory of Pavlovian conditioning: Variations in the effectiveness of reinforcement and non-reinforcement. In A. H. Black & W. F. Prokasy (Eds.), Classical conditioning II: Current theory and research (pp. 64–99).
16. Aguirre, N., Alarcón, D., Bustamante, J. & Enriquez, A. (2007). " Counteraction between contingency degradation and overshadowing in humans " . Talk held at the 1st Psychology Students National Congress CONAEP, Santiago de Chile, Chile.
18. Aguirre, N., Alarcón, D., Bustamante, J. & Enriquez, A. (2007). " Educational role of the Psychology of Learning's lab in the Universidad de Chile, 1998-2007 " . Talk held at the 1st Psychology Students National Congress CONAEP, Santiago de Chile.
25. Holland, P. C. (1983). Occasion-setting in Pavlovian feature positive discriminations. In M. L. Commons, R. J. Herrnstein, & A. R. Wagner (Eds.), Quantitative analyses of behavior: Discrimination processes (pp. 183–206). New York: Ballinger.
27. Awards April 2011 – April 2015: Reciprocal Scholarship of the DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst -German Academic Exchange Service) for doctoral studies in Germany. March 2004 – December 2008: Beca " Bicentenario " ( " Bicentennial " Scholarship), scholarship of the Chilean Government for talented students of low economic extraction. Indexed Publications
29. Aguirre, N., Alarcón, D., Bustamante, J. & Enriquez, A. (2007). " Skinner's behaviorism: Analysis of its epistemological assumptions and its possibility of science according to Popper and Lakatos " . Talk held at the 1st Psychology Students National Congress CONAEP, Santiago de Chile.
39. Vansteenwegen, D., Vervliet, B., Hermans, D., Beckers, T., Baeyens, F., & Eelen, P. (2006). Stronger renewal in human fear conditioning when tested with an acquisition retrieval cue than with an extinction retrieval cue. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 44, 1717– 1725. Reminder Cues 22 22
40. Correspondence concerning this article should be addressed to Javier Bustamante, Faculty of Psychology, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Gutenbergstraße 18, 35032 Marburg, Germany (email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org).