Democracy and Good Governance in a multi-ethnic society: Nigeria as a Case Study. A grassroot study of Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani in Nigeria 1999-2011
The “ethnic contraption of Nigerian state” was a natural creation, but exploited by the British through colonisation, and then propagated by the ethnic nationalities therein through the internally entrenched mindsets. The divergence in political mindset derives from her multi-ethnic composition, whi...
Keine Tags, Fügen Sie den ersten Tag hinzu!
53. Chazan, Naomi. (1993). " Between Liberalism and Statism: African Political Cultures and Democracy. " Political Culture and Democracy in Developing Countries, ed. Larry Diamond. Boulder and London: Lynne Rienner Publishers.
54. Ayandele, E. A. (1970). " Changing Position of the Awujales of Ijebuland Under Colonial Rule. " Pp. 231 – 254: in West African Chiefs: Their Changing Status Under Colonial Rule and Independence, eds. Michael Crowder and Obaro Ikime. Ile-Ife and New York: Africana Publishing Corp. and University of Ife Press.
56. Jones, G. I. (1970). " Chieftaincy in the Former Eastern Region of Nigeria. " Pp. 312 – 324: in West African Chiefs: Their Changing Status Under Colonial Rule and Independence, eds. Michael Crowder and Ikime Obaro. Ile-Ife and New York: Africana Publishing Corp and University of Ife Press.
60. Przeworski, Adam, Alvarez Michael E, Cheibub, Jose Antonio, and Limongi, Fernando (2000), Democracy and Development: Political Institutions and Well-Being in the World, 1950-1990, New York, Cambridge University Press.
71. Istifanus, J. J; Kajang, T. J. (2006), Government and Governance in Nigeria, Sabon Gari (Nigeria), Saad De'en Press Ita, Nduntuei O. (1971). Bibliography of Nigeria: A Survey of Anthropological and Linguistics Writings from the Earliest Times to 1966. London: Frank Cass.
74. O'Donnell, Guillermo. (1999), " Horizontal Accountability in New Democracies. " In the Self-Restraining State: Power and Accountability in Democracies, ed. Andreas Schedler, Larry. Diamond, and Marc. F. Plattner. Boulder, Connecticut: Lynne Rienner.
80. Hochschule Fulda. Intercultural Communication and European Studies. 2007. Thesis: " European Union Common Foreign Policy and its effect on Nigeria-European Union diplomatic relations. " B.A. (Hons). University of Ibadan, Ibadan 2001 European Studies (German).
84. Akintoye, S. A. (1970). " Obas of the Ekiti Confederacy since the Advent of the British. " Pp. 255 – 270: in West African Chiefs: Their Changing Status under Colonial Rule and Independence, eds. Michael Crowder and Obaro Ikime. Ile Ife: Africana Publishing Corp and University of Ife Press.
101. Aborigade, Oladimeji and Mundt, Robert J (1998), Politics in Nigeria, Harlow, Longman Adekanye, J. Bayo (1995), " Structural Adjustment, Democratization and the rising ethnic tensions in Africa. " Development and Change, 26, 355 – 374.
102. Atanda, J. A. (1970). " The Changing Status of the Alafin of Oyo under Colonial Rule and Independence. " Pp. 212 – 230: in West African Chiefs: Their Changing Status Under Colonial Rule and Independence, eds. Michael Crowder and Obaro Ikime. Ile- Ife and New York: Africana Publishing Corp and University of Ife Press.
108. Geertz, C. (1963) " The integrative Revolution: Primordial Sentiments and Civil Politics in the New States; " in Old societies and New States: The Quest for Modernity in Asia and Africa, ed. Clifford Geertz, New York: Free Press.
114. Nwankwo, A. A. (1988), The Power dynamics of the Nigerian Society: People, Politics, and Power. Enugu, (Nigeria), Fourth Foundation Nwoga, D. I. (1971). " The Chi " , Individualism and Igbo Religion: A Comment. " Igbo Traditional Life, Culture and Literature, vol. III, eds M. J. C. Echeruo and E. N Obiechina. Owerri, Nigeria: The Conch Magazine Limited.
117. A grassroot study of Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani Co-Supervised by: Professors Dirk Berg-Schlosser, and Claudia Derichs M.A. (in view) University of Osnabrueck, Democratic Governance and Civil Society, 2013